Saturday, May 9, 2009

All Packed Up!

Whew. I'm exhausted. Packing just stresses me out. Therefore it wears me out. It's all done though! Do I have everything I need? Good question, but too late to go buy it now. Plus it probably wouldn't fit in my suitcase, so let's just hope it's all in there.


I really hate the 50 lbs. rule for checked bags. Last time I went to Europe, my bestie's bag was over the limit, so she had to open up her bag right there in the middle of the airport and take some stuff out so it would meet regulations. I do not want to be in that place at 6 a.m. in the morning, so I'm hoping and praying that I kept it light enough. I switched bags at one point in the packing process because I knew I would go over. The bag itself was huge and weighed a ton, so I consolidated a bit and fit it all in a smaller suitcase. I should have an easier time lugging my stuff through multiple airports and international city streets, too. Thank goodness for rolling luggage!



The fam and I went to Litton's tonight for my last meal in the Americas...for three weeks that is. I stuffed myself silly with red velvet cake, so I've got lots in my stores in case I don't fancy the food of the Greeks. As long as I can find a few gelato joints while I'm there I should be fine.


Yum. Anyway, I guess the Benjamin's somewhere over the Atlantic right about now. His flight got delayed earlier because the plane hit a fuel tank before they boarded, and I haven't gotten to talk to him since. I think his group was going to be in a rush to make the rest of their flights on time. I got upset last night after dinner and again this morning when he came to give me a hug goodbye. I'm a weenie, but what can I say? He's used to it.

My goal for the trip is simple: when in Greece, do as the Greeks do. I've been reading a lot about how the Greek culture is very laid-back and relaxed. They live to enjoy life and take the time to soak it all in. Since this is often the complete opposite of my own way of living, I'm hoping to use this trip to lose some of the stress I've become accustomed to. It may not happen, but I'm determined to make a conscious effort. I've just got to take a deep breath sometimes and go with the flow...Yeah. K. Well, we'll see.

Alrighty well wish me luck! Keep Nat and me in your prayers as we venture across the ocean! I'm excited to see what God has to show me on this trip. I know it will at least be a growing experience! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you and Natalie! Wish I were there with you. But I can't wait to hear all about your growing experiences, they are the best :)

    ReplyDelete