Thursday, May 21, 2009

Long Time, No Talk!

Sorry for the small hiatus. Life is slow here on Spetses, and I've really had a pretty uneventful few days. Just having class, going to the ocean, walking around the island. Nothing too special, but still quite amazing considering my location. :)

The breakfast at our hotel is probably one of my favorite parts of this stay. Each morning I've had warm buttered croissants, yummy peaches, and scrambled eggs! Greek style of course, but the color is really the only difference. They still remind me of home, and that is all that matters at this point.

Speaking of home, I'm getting antsy! I think I've just had a lot of time to sit around and think while I've been on Spetses, and well, I've thought my way into wanting America. Really bad. Only about a week until I get it though! Don't worry, I'm not wishing my time away, I'm just ready to return to some of my comforts. They are oh so comforting. Don't take them for granted!

Today we took a ferry all the way around the island to a secluded beach on the other side. It was very pretty and very relaxing. I neglected to bring my ipod on this trip however, so I must say I'm pretty ADD when it comes to laying out for long periods. I'm kept busy with reading and journal writing though, so that's been good. We got a quick and cheap gyro for dinner tonight, and now here I am! About to shower and pack it all up again to return to Athens tomorrow. There's a crew heading to Santorini this weekend, but I think I'm going to be lame and stay behind. Short, quick trips can stress me out, and it's a little pricey. I still have some shopping to do!

I saw today that Kris won American Idol. Poor Adam. He was so fabulous. I'm sure he'll do fine and still get a great record deal though, so I'm not feeling too sorry for him. And Kris is so very good looking, he makes a good victor as well. Oh how I miss my reality tv! It's killing me that I missed The Bachelorette last Monday! The shows on abc.com don't work overseas, so I will just have to wait until I return to get caught up.

Well that's all for now. Bathing calls...loudly. I would post some pictures but it's being awfully slow. Sad. Oh well!

1 comment:

  1. Missed hearing from you! America misses you, too! The Bachelorette was pretty boring, but those Housewives..... Shop till you drop! We miss and love you lots! Pray for Maddie (and the members of GPRA) as she lifeguards on Monday for the first time!

    ReplyDelete