Thursday, May 14, 2009

So Much Cheese!

Ugh. My tummy does not feel 100% at the moment...I'm attributing it the amount of cheese these crazy Greeks eat. I'm pretty sure just about every meal I've had so far has had some sort of cheese component involved. Normally I love cheese, and I'm sure one of my first meals when I return home will be cheese and crackers, but for some reason the Greek's cheese is just a little unsettling. Oh well.

However, my dinner this evening did not involve cheese, because it was strictly Asian. Last night's quest to the Noodlebar, as it's called, did not pan out as hoped, but tonight we made it! I had chicken satay with peanut sauce over steamed rice. It wasn't what I was expecting and maybe not quite the flavor I was looking for, but it was still a nice change from, well...cheese. Hah. Here we are at the Noodlebar. It was very red.


Today was gorgeous! We visited the Temple of Poseidon at Sounio. It was really nice to get out of the city and sit in tranquility for awhile. I did get a little sunburned unfortunately, but it's not too bad, and I'd say it was worth it. The ruins of the temple were set atop a cliff overlooking the ocean. It was beautiful! Take a look...

On the other side of those columns, it's pretty much straight down and ocean. Lovely! On the ride back from Sounio, we stopped at a little beach cove and waded in the shallow water. It was wonderful as well!

The rest of the trip is starting to get all booked up! Between projects and side trips and outside traveling, I'm going to be busy the next two weeks. It's a good thing, though. When I have nothing else to do, I get homesick, and I don't like being homesick. At all. It's sad. Boo.

Well that's all for now! Tomorrow we're off to the Acropolis to see the Parthenon! Should be exciting, as well as a great opportunity for more pictures of ruins...I know how everyone enjoys those. :) Happy weekend to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment