Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


I am...

...a constant worrier, a frequent perfectionist, a devout planner, a slight control-freak, and an occasional skeptic.

But God is...

...the great I am.

Why, then, do I continue to consistently fret over my life and where it's headed? If I remain a true believer of His ever-reaching presence (which I do), why must I always be anxious for the answers? Why can't I be satisfied with patiently following His intended path and focus on the day-to-day?

Sometimes I am able to conquer this fear of the future. Sometimes it appears perfectly clear to me that right now, my purpose is simply to live in the right now, to follow God's will for the right now, and to not look anywhere beyond the right now. Sometimes I can do this.

I want to do this all the time. I want to be under continued reassurance that the next step is in no one's hands but God's, and the same is true of the next step, and the next, and the next, and the next. He knows what is right. He knows what is best. And in due time, He will make that clear to me as well. And I am to understand this, to know this, and to love Him for this. And that is all.

No constant worry. No perfect plan of my own. No need to take control of my life.

Trust in my Lord. Faith in His plan. Comfort in His reigning glory over all. May these be my only concerns.

After all, He knows the plans He has for me. And they will not harm me, but they will give me hope and they will give me a future.

How's that for reassurance?

1 comment:

  1. I could have guessed your next blog was going to come from tonight. Enjoyed seeing you and I'm excited to hang out next week. By the way, I needed to hear this post too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete