Monday, July 20, 2009

Nerd Fest?

I am a nerd. It's true. I've accepted it, and so should you.

In keeping with my nerdy tendencies, I thought I'd devote a short post to the amazing feat accomplished on this day forty years ago.

It was one small step for man...one giant leap for mankind.

Yep, we landed on the moon! So very fabulous, United States of America. Way to go!

Look, even Google celebrated:
You know it's important if it's Google homepage title image-worthy. And I would agree, this was quite the legendary event.

I took part in the History Channel's festivities this evening, watching a replay of the original broadcasted moon landing (which was way cool), followed by a made-for-tv movie (I think?) detailing the story behind the Apollo 11 mission. I feel sufficiently patriotic and historically appreciative for the day.

I shall now return to my regularly-scheduled nerdiness. Toodles! :)

1 comment: