Saturday, July 11, 2009

Three Things...

I've got three things to throw at ya on this super sunny Saturday: a congratulatory comment, a caveat of crudeness...and a really terrible and unfortunate realization. So here goes.

Congratulations to my amazing, awesome, and apparently athletic Benjamin, who awoke at 5:30 in the a.m. in order to partake in only his second triathalon, where he seriously crushed the competition and won first in his age group! I'm so impressed, and somewhat inspired to train for my own go at this type of race, though that's easier said than done. Regardless, I am oh so proud of him...and don't worry, I rewarded him with peanut butter cup cookies to re-fatten him up after his morning calorie blast. Tee hee :)

Warning to any and all of you who, inspired by the harsh but hilarious Sascha Baron Cohen flick Borat, are right now thinking it would be a good idea to go see his sequel. Because my friends, I'm not sure there is any worse idea that possibly exists. I had the unfortunate opportunity to see Bruno last night, and well...I was appalled, I was shocked, I was embarrassed, I felt extremely guilty and violated, and when it was over, all I could do was pretend it never happened. I can't really describe details because even a summary would be too inappropriate for my innocent little blog, but let's just say I was awkwardly looking down at my phone for more than half the movie. Please just understand and abide when I forbid you from seeing it.

And finally...today I came to the realization that I have a mere three weeks of summer left. Three. Tres. One, two, three. Are you kidding me? Keep in mind this does not include my week of recruitment-readying house party up in Pigeon Forge, which is not as bad as class, but there is still a lot I'd rather do. Still, though, I can't believe this crazy wonderful gift called summer has been so fleeting, but it's now nearly gone. Sad day people.

Although I will say I'm totally stoked to see my out-of-town friends at the end of those three weeks...that will make everything about 67 times better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment