Friday, December 25, 2009

Welcome Back! and Merry Christmas :)

Wow folks...it's kind of like I went out for my post-Thanksgiving shopping spree and disappeared amongst the aisles of Target for an entire month...only to reappear just in time for a Christmas greeting!

It has been a while, and I offer up my apologies. I'd hand out some excuses as well, but they would be a lie, because basically I've just been lazy. Life has been rather crazy this past month, though. Lots and lots of stuff has happened, in fact! Let's see, since the last time we spoke I have...

...purchased and entirely finished Gossip Girl Season 2. Thought you might want an update since I was so excited in the last post. And yes, in case you were wondering, I do attribute much of my recent laziness to this feat...there were like 40 some odd episodes.

...called it quits with classes for the Fall 2009 semester. Thank goodness.

...somehow gotten it together enough to study for and take on my finals.

...totally stuck it to the man, and by man I mean my seriously frustrating history teacher who gave a completely off-the-wall essay question for our final that was super difficult and impossible to study for. However, by "stuck it," I mean I got an A. So take that and bring it on.

...celebrated my 4-year anniversary with the Benjamin. Happy times :)

...gotten a hair cut! Its dire necessity merits sharing.

...moved back to my for real home for break, which is always a welcome experience.

...had a big girl birthday! I'm officially 21!! Although I've yet to do anything exciting, not that I ever really will.

...taken my first trip to the Big Apple! And survived...without looking like a complete Southern idiot.

And now here I am, enjoying the last minutes of yet another wonderful Christmas with my beautiful family. Last night mom's side came over for our annual Christmas Eve festivities, and today we headed over to the grandparents' to spend Christmas day with dad's side.

As lame as it sounds, I think the gift I'm most excited for is the sweet food processor mom and dad gave me. I've always wanted one, and I can't wait to make yummies like hummus and pesto and pastry dough and anything else I can whip up. Oh, and I'm also stoked for the union suit I received. In case you don't know, that's a onesie pajama suit with a butt flap. Ridiculous but still somehow cute.

Well I should probably go to bed so I can get up tomorrow and well, do nothing pretty much. That's what break is best for! I hope everyone had a Christmas as sweet and wonderful as mine, and may you not forget the true meaning of the season!

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

-Isaiah 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment