Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Things

We're coming off an absolutely gorgeous but tease of a weekend here in K-town, and it brought with it that perpetual good mood that only spring can bring. Unfortunately snow is predicted in the near future, which is necessary I guess to remind us all that it's barely February, but regardless, I figured I'd share some happy things while it's still above freezing:

1. Tonight I made this for dinner. And it was sooo good. I used a store-bought thin whole wheat pizza crust too, which it made it pretty darn easy and maybe even healthier too?

2. I just stumbled upon this recipe too, and I'm so pumped to try it soon! I'll give you a hint: it's called Cookie Dough Creme Pie...oh. gosh.

3. Valentine's Day is only 2 weeks away! I know it annoys a lot of people, but I really just love this holiday. And not just because I have the greatest fiance ever to spend it with either, I loved Valentine's Day even before Mr. Right came along too. The happy red and pink colors everywhere...the aisles and aisles lined with candy...the excuse to eat chocolate all day long...and not to mention the little spring in your step and smile on your face that only that diapered baby with wings can bring. (That's my cheesy reference to Cupid, p.s.) But yeah, I love everything about February 14th and am pumped! Benjamin and I are celebrating a little early. We have dinner reservations here for Friday evening, but I fully intend on extending our celebration through the actual day anyway. Yay! :)

4. Yesterday Mom, Ben, and I went up to my aunt and uncle's hilltop property to check out their new pool house and bar that will serve as the location of our rehearsal dinner come the end of May. It is absolutely beautiful and got me so much more excited for the night before the wedding! There are incredible views in both directions, a huge stone fireplace in the corner, and plenty of space to sit any and everyone who wants to come!

5. I finally got my engagement ring sized last week, and it has been so nice to have it actually fit! Turns out I had been wearing it a whole size too big for the past 6 months, and winter's cold temps have caused my fingers to shrink even more. No more worrying about it falling in the toilet at the preschool, hurray!

6. I'm taking an awesome class on Communication Disorders that is totally making me want to be a speech pathologist. What does that mean? More school, of course, but that was in the plan anyway. I've got awhile to think about it, but for now I'm just going to keep learning and feel it all out some more. Got to read for it now, in fact, so I'm out!

Sorry for the lack of pictures...I have got to get better about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment