Friday, July 31, 2009

How 'Bout a Suggestion?

I pretty much despise politics. From the local level, all the way up to presidential potpourri, I usually choose to let the Bill O'Reillys and Jon Stewarts of the world duke it out in the political ring.

Although I will admit I flipped to O'Reilly's show the other night after my dad came in my room to inform me the leprechaun in Mobile, AL video from YouTube was about to be discussed. If you haven't seen it, go here, and prepare to laugh hysterically. It's one of my all-time favorites.

Anyway, I'm strongly considering writing to some sort of political mastermind with a new policy that I feel would help make our world a better place. That's their job, yes?

See, I drive a car. Not an SUV, not a mini-van, not a massively huge F-450 super-long truck. Just a car. And while she is only a 2-door, she's still a pretty decent sized vehicle. She's definitely no Smart Car--she's got a butt. Well, I've been having a terrible time pulling out of parking spaces lately because there always seem to be two huge SUVs (or the equivalent) parked on either side of me. And it doesn't matter how hard I try to slowly (I mean snail-pace) inch out of my spot, I always have to pull out blindly, just hoping there's not another car zooming by in the lot.

Therefore, I think it would be a good idea to start getting some designated parking going on. Now I know every once in a while you'll drive through a lot that has, like two spots, for "Compact Cars," but let me tell you, I don't drive a "Compact Car" and yet this is SUV-neighbor-thing is still a huge problem for me. I'm talking about having a special section for SUVs and anything else not considered a car. That way I can see. And better avoid ramming into the side of zippy little VW Beetles wheeling way too fast through the parking lot. Yes, this almost occurred today, but thankfully my guardian angel saved the actual wreck from happening.

I really might do it--write somebody I mean. It's just gotten really bad and today almost culminated in disaster. I want to note though that I'm not necessarily against SUVs. There are three in my driveway right now, so my family is not made up of tree-hugging hybrid-lovers. I simply wish those of you who are SUV-drivers would consider us baby cars when choosing a parking place. Sorry if that sounds complainy-janey. It's just my opinion and small plea, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment